How exciting! How could you not root for the Giants? They had Eli Manning as quarterback, the team is from New York, and they were considered the "underdogs". Playing against the "perfect" team in the NFL and beating them! Simply amazing. Joey and I cooked some good ol' cajun chicken strips with mashed potatoes and banana pudding for dessert....and it all turned out pretty darn good!

I had a meeting to go to in Long Island last Friday, followed by a fancy dinner/gala. Joey had a terrible time taking the Long Island railroad out there for the dinner, but it all worked out okay. He got to meet everyone I work with, and was greeted with a free steak and open bar. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, with chandeliers and marble columns. (My impression of Long Island has improved from my trip to West Hempstead.) Surprisingly Joey and I had a really good time. When Sean invited me to the kickoff, I was imagining a bunch of upstight businessmen sipping their fine Scotch talking about the stock market. However, I soon found out that Aflac people like to party. Towards the end of the night, the dance floor was bestowed upon with our table's presence. We were all dancing ridiculously...mostly for comedy relief. Joey did the moon walk and I would break dance during slow, sappy songs. Good times.

I received an out of the blue phone call from my one of my New Orleans friend's yesterday: Meghan McClanahan ...saying that she was in New York and wanted to get together. Now Meghan is one of those friends that you only see or hear from once every 5 months. Simply because she is this social butterfly with her planner maxed out, leaving no time for the two of you. So when she called I was shocked! We went to Magnolia Bakery, which is a well known and reputable bakery that just moved into the upper west side. So we grabbed some cupcakes and made our way to a bench in the park and caught up with each other's lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment