I love the camera he got me! Love it. I have been wanting an SLR for as long as I can remember and now I finally have one. Last night I took a bunch of pictures. Mostly of my "voluntary" guinea pigs Lucy and Joey. And I must say some of them came out really good. And you know, I would be posting some of the pictures....but as I was uploading them my iphoto crashed before my LAST picture (out of a guilty 164) uploaded. Before I uploaded them I clicked "delete pictures after import" which is why they are no longer on my memory card or camera! I wanted to cry. Or maybe stomp my feet and pout. So of course I did all of the above...
Anywho, I am looking into a recovery system for my memory card. If and when I get them back I'll post some of Joey with his new guitar and Lucy's 'National Geographic' shot.
Today was so HOT! It was in the 70's yesterday and shot up to the mid-90's today. I felt like I was back in LA. We went back to the pier and I took pictures of the pretty scenery while Joey killed himself running. And yes, those pictures were deleted as well :(
Then we spent the rest of the day at the Met. I do have those pictures. So take a look:
This is the rooftop area at the Met. One of my favorite spots because of the view!
Well wait, ladies look away from Joey. That's not the view I was talking about! (Bad-a bing!) ....oh that was bad....
I love the way this one came out. Everything in the backround is blurry except for the shrubbery in the front.

The European sculpture room! I think I've posted about this before. I think it's number one on my list.



I am still learning about all of the settings on my camera. Here is an obvious example of how much a difference there is between the right and wrong setting:
Before:
After:
We decided to eat at a cafe while were there. We ordered "small plates". Mine was of ravioli....
Ehhhh. Yeah, when they said "small plates" they really meant it. The cafe was next to that European sculpture room. So maybe they were giving us French size portions.
So I won't bore you with a narration for each picture. Here are the rest:







We walked back through the park to the West Side....and guess what I spotted? A swing set!
I couldn't resist of course! I will admit though I got scared! I don't know how I went so high in second grade with no fear...


And once Joey saw how much fun I was having he joined. :)

Then we ate at Edgar's and called it a day. Phew!


1 comment:
pretty pictures melissa! they came out really good. your getting good at mentioning me in these blogs:) i hope your memory card recovery works i must see the national geographic shot!
Post a Comment