The weather has been absolutely beautiful lately-crisp, cool, and sunny! I took some pictures in the park and of course decided to share.
This area is called "The Mall" and is seen in a bunch of the cheesy romantic comedies.

Whenever I hear a saxophone player, it makes me feel like I'm back in good ol' Nawlin's.
I was a total nerd and took a picture of this painfully cute old couple. I mean, just look at them!
There is a fenced off croquet area where only elite people can play. A major pre-requisite: you must be 90 or older.
I edited a picture of roses that were right next to the field...or court....whatever you call it.
A peek at the Dakota building from a different angle.
Walking back to our apartment, there was a camera crew filming for the soap opera "As the World Turns". Literally right across the street from us. When we were back in our apartment, we heard the cheesy actor guy frantically say, "I just saw her!!!!!!! She's not dead!!!!!!" If that's not soap opera material, then I don't know what is!
Here are construction workers on set:
The blonde is Elizabeth Hubbard....or so IMDB tells us.
The cheesy guy is the tall one by the car.
Hoorah for soap stars!
I wasn't going to post about this....but I feel like I had way too much fun not too. I'm part of the New York Cares organization, and last night I went to the Wood Crest House in the Bronx to do art with underprivileged kids. I was really surprised at how much fun it was. I was talking with the leader afterwards and she was telling me how damaged some of the kids self esteems are. She said last month they helped the kids make t-shirts, and a few of them were ashamed of their work. They felt like it wasn't good enough and wanted to throw them away until a few people convinced them otherwise. So sad.
When I walked into the room I was instantly greeted by this teeny tiny 4 year old. He insisted that I be his "partner" for the night. I obliged and sealed the deal with a "super" high five. He was so precious that I wanted to take him home with me! He made a necklace and bracelet for his mom, and then made me close my eyes while he made a nifty looking set. At the end of the night he gave me a hug and kiss before he left....so sweet! I was amazed at how bright these kids were. They all had so much potential, but it's frustrating to know their parents don't encourage or praise them. So I really think these monthly "fun" nights really help them. Next month is Halloween, and I so plan on being there.
Oh yeah. I was officially hit on by a ten year old. His pick up line was, "Hey, you're really pretty. You married or anything?" Then after about ten minutes of him being overly chatty and lying about his age, he coyly stated that he would see me this Saturday. Hahahahaha!









No comments:
Post a Comment