Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy.....oh god, I can't even say it....


I hate February 14'th. Hated it when I was single, and still hate it with my sweet little Joey. Call my cynical, cliche, whatever you want...but the fuzzy stuffed animals and syrupy sweet "romantic" stuff in CVS makes me feel very icky and uncomfortable. It all seems so forced.

Even back in junior high, I felt like V-day should have been put to rest past the second grade. (Cause I'll admit, those silly cards with candy attached were fun.) In the sixth grade, this poor soul tried to be all smooth, and left a box of chocolates with a card that said, "sweets for my sweet" on my chair. All the girls were like "Awwwww". My reaction was the total opposite and I threw them away, hahaha. I realize this is making me sound heartless. I'm more about, let's be nice to each other every day of the year. I don't need cheesy cards, overpriced roses, or a national holiday to validate anything. Actions speak louder than words or gifts in my humble opinion.

But Joey, for the record: I don't mind getting flowers per se. Just not on a pressurized, overrated holiday. ;)

2 comments:

LuLu said...

I agree 100 percent! It's refreshing to hear that from something who has a boyfriend and not just single, jaded ladies like myself! :)

UptownGirl said...

Yes! Rock on! Forget Valentine's day!

:)