Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two more things off my checklist...



The cherry blossoms in the park have bloomed. There are bright yellow tulips planted all around the trees lining the streets. Green leaves are budding on the trees everywhere. Weather forecast? 70's and sunshine. Ahh. Spring is here!

As many of you probably know, I am obsessed with dogs. Since we've been in NY, I have been wanting to be a dog walker. So I applied to a couple of places on craigslist and got a few call backs. I had an interview with these people today: www.walkandtrain.com on Broome St. in SoHo today.

I pretty much got the job. It is going to work out perfectly with Aflac, which I'm also really excited about. I am going to watch a puppy training class next Monday night, which should be absolutely adorable. Dog walking gig: Check.

So as I'm about to cross Broome St., I look across the street and this teeny tiny girl catches my eye. She is dressed in black leggings with an oversized shirt, red flats, and huge sunglasses. She has the wavy blonde "just got out of bed" look going... "looks an awful lot like one of those Olsen twins" I think. Then she turned towards my side of the street and- holy smokes. It is one of them. One of the Olsen twins. I just stared in awe. I think I had the friendly "walk" sign flash at me...but I just stood there and watched her walk away. Sigh. Heath Ledger's apartment was about a block from where my interview was. I heard a rumor that Ashley Olsen's apt. was right down the street, and I suppose it's true. Spotting an Olsen was also on my list of "things to do" while here in NY. So there goes another: Check.


Unfortunately we lost my first Aflac softball game today.  Next time will be different, right? I accidently asked the captain at scrimmage last week when we were getting our "costumes"... meaning to say "jerseys". Oopsie Daisy. I'm sure that made everyone's confidence of my athletic capability to skyrocket! :)



Ended the night by watching "The Real Housewives of New York City" on Bravo. I am addicted, I admit. I believe after a long day, nothing beats curling up on the couch while watching trashy TV. It always works for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmph not fair you saw one of them!! whatever melissa..

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.