
Last night, Joey and I experienced our first horrible bar experience here in NY. We went to my friend's birthday party at this place called 'Pyramid'.
It is known to be a goth hangout, but last night was 80's night. It's safe to say we were miserable from the minute we walked into the bar. The people that go there are plain weird and it's in the lower east side which is sketchy. I didn't hear any good 80's music play, like Journey or Michael Jackson....just horrible stuff like that "hey mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. hey mickey!" Shoot me. I requested my favorite 80's song- Toto "Africa"....but never heard it play. I listen to that on the subway to block out annoying noise. I feel so nerdy, but it's such a great song!
Ok, back to telling you about 'Pyramid'. Did I mention that Joey, Freddy, and myself split a cab ride of like 20 bucks to get there, paid 5 bucks to get in, and 2 bucks for coat check? I can walk a block and get into a bar for free. Into a bar that happens to be a hundred times nicer than this place. We walked downstairs at some point, where we encountered with a smoke machine, hard core metal music, and goth people doped up on meth. We were not in Kansas anymore. We u-turned it back upstairs, and when I heard that cheesy 80's music I felt like I had reached heaven. Surreal I tell you. They had a stage in the front of the dance room that sparked a brilliant idea. That idea was none other than climbing up unto it and dancing! I was bored, what can I say. Joey wasn't buying it, so it was me and Freddy up there. Doing the robot the whole time. Freddy pretended to be a dictator of the bar, by saying "dance! dance my minions, dance!" Then we had the bar photographer and Elizabeth taking pictures of us, so we pretended it was paparazzi. For the brief 10 minutes that lasted, it was fun. The other 4 hours of the night? Torture.
Then we ended the night flagging down a cab for 45 minutes in the rain. People were stealing cabs from us left and right. I'm sure you guys have had garage sales before, right? There is always a car that does a driveby glance at all of your stuff and then guns it. As of to say, "Lah te ta ta....I don't want any of that stuff." We had a cabbie do that to us. He asked us where we were going, then we got denied, and he gunned it. Jeez. Did we look like that much of a hazard?
Well, now I am going to finish watching "What not to wear" on TLC.
Toodles.


1 comment:
YOU DID METH?!
my meleesa i'm sorry the bar was bad
the puppy is adorable! i want him and he looks like he would love to play with riley they both have that weird look to themselves that makes them cute.
go watch Dexter! On CBS
Post a Comment