Tuesday, July 22, 2008

NY Public Library

I know you're thinking "a post about the library? ZzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzz"! Well, wake up!




When I think of the NY library, I always remember the Seinfeld episode when Jerry gets attacked by the library police over late fees. Too funny...Anywho, I realized that I've been in NY for almost a year now, and have never made it down to the library.

So this evening, I made a field trip down there. I picked up 4 books on Buddhism, and so far I like what I've read. I am finding it's basically a philosophical approach to living your life in a more wise and compassionate way. It encourages peace and a balanced state of mind.

Back to the library...there was really ornate paintings on the ceilings and amazing architechture. It reminded me of a mix of the Met and a Harry Potter movie.







4 comments:

alli said...

pretty library! hows yor reading going?i was thinking about harry potter also

Anonymous said...

Another cool blog about NYC.

UptownGirl said...

Thanks passionate believer! :) I love comments...especially nice ones.

Alli, I read my book every minute I could today. I am loving it....it's really interesting

Anonymous said...

Your photography skills are great! PLUS, combined with the writing ability....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? It's your calling!