In the past two years, I've learned that Apple has something against Melissa Serio. When I bought my computer in 2006, the sales guy told me if I purchased an ipod that day, then I would get a mail in rebate to get it for free. I already had an ipod at the time, but I figured why not, right? So I got my computer and an extra ipod. I followed all of the directions necessary to get my rebate. I had to cut out the original barcodes on the ipod and macbook pro box and mail them in with a copy of my receipt. I made a copy of those barcodes, in case it got "lost in the mail" like they told me to. A few months go by and I never get my rebate. I call Apple. They tell me, "Hmm....our records don't ever show us receiving it." So then I ask if I can mail in the copies of everything I have. Guess what? I can't! They need the original barcodes....I was flabbergasted. What was the point of me making copies of the barcodes then??? After sometime passed, my mom saw something on the 'Today Show' about thousands of other people who went through the same thing. So I have an extra ipod. Okay.
I'm not going to bore everyone with my other stories (iphoto calendar orders, problems using my warranty, another iphoto order problem....)
Fast forward to Friday, Joey and I pay a visit to the Apple store since my computer won't turn on. It turns out I have a problem with my hard drive. The Apple Genius kindly told me that it's not covered under my warranty since a corner on my computer is dented. Oh, and....it will cost $900 for Apple to repair it. I stared back at the guy with daggers in my eyes. I couldn't even talk. Luckily Joey was there....asked a few questions and came up with a game plan. I am not going to go into detail on here, but I'll just say that the coloring in my face has returned, and I'm able to talk.
To make sure we're on the same page. I still love Apple products and believe they are the best out there. Apple customer service? Frustrating beyond words.
Rant over... return to regular programming...


2 comments:
I made sure when I brought my Macbook Pro I got it from Best Buy b/c they have a better warranty. I can pretty much destroy it and it will still be covered.
Sorry about your mac. Apple refused to fix mine (ibook g4)after I changed out my hard drive :(
Desiree!!
I told Joey you commented and he was pretty excited :) Thanks for passing along that information, good to know!
I am in between a rock and a hard place with mine. I'm debating what will be the best thing to do...reading my warranty from front to back will probly be a good start.
Glad to know you are a reader!
Melissa :)
PS- I just read your blog. It's awesome. Never knew you were a runner...keep it up!
Post a Comment