Going into Sunday, I knew the game might not be pretty. Especially after the first quarter and we were down huge. Yesterday, the game actually aired in New York so we took it easy and watched it at home. I wanted to blow some steam off to the rest of the world about what I've seen the last two weeks from my favorite team. I've seen two absolute heartbreakers for two weeks in a row. Last week, we blew the game when we let a tired, old receiver get behind us for a fluke touchdown pass, then couldn't do anything on offense when it counted. Despite the fact that we were up for most of the game, we blew it at the end with conservative playcalling. Did we learn nothing with Haslett was coach? Running up the gut 3 times and getting nowhere is not going to work. In the words of Albert Einstein - "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Think about that as we get to this weeks game.

Has Sean Payton lost it? The simple answer is a huge resounding yes. Sean Payton's playcalling cost us the last two weeks. If you're going to go for it on 4th down after 3 tries of running it up the gut with the same player, do you really think something different is going to happen? He has squandered the talent on this team. Case in point: When really mattered, Payton took the ball out of the real talent on this team (Duece, Reggie, Drew) and put the fate of the game in the hands on Pierre Thomas, and undrafted rookie last year. He put it in his hands over and over again, even when he failed to deliver. Had he gone for that first field goal instead of the touchdown, we would have actually ended the game in a tie, going into overtime, instead of being down by two as a result of a missed two point conversion. Interesting...
Next point: Why isn't Meachem getting the ball more? Well...Payton doesn't put him in more. Up until this point, he hasn't played much at all. Even yesterday he was only in for a few plays. Why? He was our first round pick last year. Everything I've heard said he just isn't really that good, and he's never been good enough to make the active roster. Is that true though? From what I've seen, everytime he's in the game, he makes a huge play. The touchdown last week, the huge bomb this week, that ridiculous catch and run in the preseason, the list goes on... Payton just might be squandering the talent even more by not playing the real talent on this team.

Is it really the kicker's fault we lost? No, it was Sean Payton's now crippling mental disorder. I just hope he gets some help soon, or we may never recover from his mistakes.
-Joey


3 comments:
hahaha ok so I wasn't going to read this post because I'm just not that into football, but as I scrolled down, the Albert Einstein quote caught my attention and I read from there on. All I could think was MY GOD Melissa know A LOT about football and she pays way too much attention to each player and preseason and everything else...geeze it was crazy! After I read to the end I figured I may as well read the beginning before I post a comment about Melissa knowing so much and that's when I noticed the "Joey writes" haha Whew...that makes me feel better! you guys had me going for a minute hahah
I feel your pain. The ain'ts have never had such talent to be betrayed 3 games straight by their offensive coordinator; it's enough to drive a person sober.
hahahaha tals!! my mom and sister said the same thing.
when it comes to football i know the basics. maybe a few names, but nowhere near as much joey knows!
it was a heart breaker though! :(
Post a Comment