Saturday, October 11, 2008

End of the season game...

Today, Joey and I held the final kickball game of the season in Central Park. We were lucky enough to find an open softball field and have absolutely perfect weather! As many of you know, the rivalry between Team USA and Team World is pretty intense. Team World (Joey's team) unfortunately beat Team USA (my team) the last 3 times. That is, until today my friends. We re-drafted all of our players except for our co-captains to make the teams more evenly distributed. It was a really close, low scoring game. By the last inning we were tied 3-3, and were talking about going into overtime. That is until my team pulled together and got a score, making it 4-3 ending the game! It felt so good! 

Take a look at some of the pictures:

Team USA:
Team World:
Team USA captain-me, co-captain-Steven.
Team World captain-Joey, co-captain-Blaine. sad boys :(
I had this genius idea to take super cheesy posed pictures of everyone & then make trading cards for everyone. Hahaha. Enjoy :)

Team USA:








Team World:








I wasn't really worried about taking pictures during the game cause I was too busy winning ;) so I only have a few actions shots.



5 comments:

alli said...

go melissa! yes, you rock :)
y'all better keep a hold of those trading cards, i think their going to be really valuable in upcoming years

Anonymous said...

haha! these are hilarious!

LuLu said...

How Fun!! I have been going to my niece's soccer games and it looks like so much fun. I would probably suck but I would love to find a "very amateur" soccer team when I move to NY.

Have a great week!

UptownGirl said...

Um, you mean you are looking for a very "amateur" kickball team! haha. It would be fun if you came out to one of the games actually! It'll be a good way to meet people.

Just a thought...

:)

LuLu said...

I would love to!! I will definitely keep in touch and let you know when I get to NY. Yeah, I don't know many people at all in NY so the more people I can meet the better. :)

Thanks for the offer!