I think the combination of getting my new camera and living in the artsy city of New York gave me the push. I will say though, it wasn't really obvious to me until Joey pointed it out. And when he did-*Bam*Click*Aha!* I was like- why didn't I realize this earlier? Like with anything in life, things take time. You figure out what you don't want to do first, then God says,"Okay you're ready now. Here's the good stuff."
I've created a portfolio online if you want to take a look at it: http://MelissaSerio7472.sitewelder.com/index.html (I would recommend either clicking 'pause' on the blog ipod or clicking out of the blog if you do, so the music from each site doesn't interfere with one another)
I thought it looked really good until I started surfing the web looking at other people's portfolio's! :( Of course these people have been through school and taking pictures at a professional level for a much longer time. Moral of the story: I hope you guys aren't as harsh as I am!
I have a few open houses scheduled for some art and design schools here in New York. One of them even offers a free portfolio review, which will be great because I honestly don't have a clue what I should be aiming for.
I can't wait to get started. I mean I am a nerd when it comes to this stuff: Exhibit A- The National Geographic gets me excited. Exhibit B- I dragged Joey to the Ansel Adams Museum in Las Vegas....(I'll pull a Joe Biden by saying- Let me repeat that, dragged boyfriend to a photography museum in Las Vegas.) Exhibit C- I wish I had the superpower to take pictures of things with my eyes when I don't have my camera with me.
Yay! :)


6 comments:
I love it!! You have some really good pictures. You always had a passion for photography, and I am so glad that you are going to pursue it.I am proud of you, my talented daughter.
Your pictures are all really great, you have a great eye!
That is so awesome! Pursue your dreams and don't let anyone get in the way of that!!! Love the pics!!
Thanks for the blog comment!! :)
i found old pictures f when you made me do photo shoots when i was like 3!
go sister go! :)
You can even take a community photography class just to understand composition and light. Those are really helpful.
Wow, thanks for all of the comments!
:)
Post a Comment