Since the job market is terrible here in the city we are temporarily moving back to Louisiana until a job pops up. And because we don't know where that job will be (could be Louisiana, Jersey, DC, or freaking Flint, Michigan), we are leaving all of our stuff in a storage unit up here and flying back. I feel like everyone I talk to up here has been laid off and can't find a job, or just graduated and is frustrated with no call backs. This is just a road bump. I mean he just finished his Masters at NYU...which is still crazy to me.
We've been trying to hangout with all of our friends as much as we can before we leave. We went to our favorite Greek restaurant (Symposium) and neighborhood bar (Dive 75) with some friends. Ian took us to this fabulous jazz club in Harlem where we met some of the most amazing people in the city. We went to see Bruno and took up an entire row like a bunch of high schoolers that got dropped off by mom's carpool. Nadya then took us to Sahara, a cool hookah bar near Union Square.
Ian has planned a going away party for this upcoming Wednesday at a few placed in the Lower East Side. I hope we have a good time, and it doesn't turn into a sob fest. Although, Ian said he would cry in public for weeks if we ever "left him", so who knows- haha.
We've been picking up some boxes from our local grocery Pioneer and will officially begin our packing today. Our plan is to move all of stuff out on the 30th, stay at Ian's apartment for a night or two, and clean our place from top to bottom. A real estate agent brought over a couple to see our apartment the other day, and I told Joey the next time that happens he should say the cat comes with the apartment! What a deal...
After Joey did his daily "apply, apply, apply" online, we went for a really nice, long walk in the park. The weather is gorgeous today, and I want to enjoy our last two weekends here. Tonight we will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge....which is something I've always wanted to do. There is supposed to be an ice cream shop at the other end....like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
As I type this, we are watching the celebrity golf tournament....and it's awesome. Carlton from Fresh Prince just did his dance, and Kevin from the Office almost got a hole in one.
I'll post pictures from all of these escapades in a bit. My iphoto has been hating me and deleting all of my pictures...so it's been slowing me down.
-Ms
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
If you are coming back to Louisiana, we should meet up for lunch or dinner or something! :)
Keep me posted! Good luck with everything.
Absolutely!! I will keep you posted. Once all the craziness is over we'll set something up.
:)
Post a Comment