Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy "No pants subway ride" day!


Joey and I tried to participate in the 7th Annual No Pants Subway Ride today. A group of people from this website: http://www.improveverywhere.com/ get together every year to wear their underwear with normal winter apparel up top on the subway. There is no real reason why, mostly just to donate a smile to some unhappy New Yorkers. If someone asks why you aren't wearing pants you are supposed to come up with a funny response like, "Oh no!!! I forgot my pants!!! Thank God you pointed it out to me!"

I signed up for e-mail notifications for upcoming "missions". Very exciting, right? I called my sister Alli as we were walking out the door to tell her what we were doing. I said, "We're going to a no pants party on the subway today." She hesitantly replied, "You mean, everyone wears, what, like dresses?" Ha! I love her naivity.

Tomorrow's plans are slightly different...we plan on going to mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral followed by an afternoon at the Met.

No comments: