It's been a really long time since a post. As most of you all know, Joey and I were back in Louisiana for a few weeks. It was really good to see everyone!
So, this post mostly consists of pictures. But they say a picture says a thousand words, right?

My mom set up stockings for all of the pets. (Lucy's is in the middle)

I'll start off with "Scruffy". I was driving down W. Esplanade the day before Christmas Eve, right? Then I see this dog running between the lanes of traffic- so very close to getting hit! I pull over to where he was, and he ran over with his tail wagging. I fed him the rest of my subway sandwich, and he was just so grateful and sweet. I called the SPCA, which then directed me to the Fire Dept. (since it was a Sunday) I get on the phone with this guy who just seems so annoyed by my phone call. He said they received over a hundred calls on this dog from people who were "in the Christmas spirit", but didn't feel like waiting for more than 15 minutes for the animal control to arrive.

So I asked him what I should do. He said animal control would most likely not come out, and my only other option was to just let this dog go. He said no one was going to help me out since it was the day before Christmas Eve, and it was almost 5:00. So as he is telling me this, I am looking down at "Scruffy" and my heart breaks. I can't leave this helpless dog roaming the streets. It was cold, and everyone had given up on him. I couldn't do it. So I contacted the MSAH, and they told me to get over there before 5:00, and they'd take him....it was 4:40...and I was in Kenner! So I drive like a crazy person, with this stray dog in my car and Christmas songs blaring in the backround. It was fun! We made it just in time. I think it's safe to say that was my favorite Christmas present I gave this year. Scruffy a new home, and some family a great dog.


I will now go on to Aunt Yvonne and Uncle Johnnie's Christmas Eve party! I don't have a bunch of pictures from it...since everyone reacts to the camera as if it will steal their soul if it takes a picture of them! :) So, I can't fairly convey the party on here...it's always a lot of fun.
Jan is on the left. She runs the Crescent City Classic every year. In the middle is my Aunt Yvonne and Aunt Mitzie. They are both very sweet and hilarious! On the right is Debbie, who hosted an "Audrey Hepburn" movie marathon at her new house across the lake.
These are all of the little rugrats....
And Mitzie with one of her most prized gifts...don't ask!
the cousins...
And my favorite child in the whole world...Isabella!!! She is so precious!
her "flying to the sky"...

I love that one of Alli.
My favorite partner in crime...Jessica. We always have a good time together!
Here are a few silly ones Alli and I took on Photo Booth. What better way to pass your time, right? Hehe.





As I wrap this post up, I realize there a bunch of people I didn't get photos of. Uncle Charlie and Aunt Carol? They are very dedicated readers and deserve a spot on here :)
Ms. Nancy and Missah Corene? Mom? Jeez. Then Jenn and Allison? Mark? I apologize to you all...next time!
Ciao!


2 comments:
awww that story about scruffy is so cute! you are such a sweet person! I also saved a stray the other day...but it was a cat and I convinced my parents to keep him! hahahahahha so I JUST realized that his name is Booger but we call him BOOGIE hahahhah that's hilarious! ok well, I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Tell Joey hello for me.
Hilarious tals! I sent you an e-mail to your LSU address..I don't know if you got it though!
:)
Post a Comment