Thursday, January 17, 2008

Puzzling things...

Where is all the snow??? Not here in New York I tell you. Nothing. Nada! I have a friend in Tennessee text me the other night saying it was snowing...there's something wrong with that!

Random thought: Why do they have braille at the drive though ATM's? That's like the drive through daiquiri shops in New Orleans. Very bizarre.


Also, how can it cost me 20 dollars for 2 conditioners and nail polish remover from a Duane Reade? That would have cost me maybe 10 or 12 bucks down in nawlin's. When I was home for Christmas, I stuffed a small suitcase with treasures I got from the Dollar Tree. I spent 20 bucks on stuff that would have been double or triple here.

Anyone watch Conan recently? I had tears in my eyes from the disappointing material since the writer strike. And that beard alone throws everything off.


And what's up with the new Apple Air?


Pretty right? Only it comes with no removable battery, disk drive, or built in ethernet. No thanks Apple!

So, tomorrow night Joey and I have plans to go into Time Square and act like tourists. I have this silly gift card to T.G.I.Fridays (yeah I know...) and it happens to be smack in the middle of a tourist swamp. So we're gonna take a bunch of ridiculous pictures. I want one with a NY police officer, cause you know they love when they get asked for pictures from tourists. *rolls eyes* Oh, if only I had an "I heart NY" t-shirt. Oh yeah, when people ask where we're from we'll reply savily, "Oh, the Upper West Side!"

2 comments:

alli said...

my meleesa is an lol. i hope you have fun in times square omgz. and i know why they have braille in ATM drive thrus:
The person that is driving shouldn't know the pin of the blind, they deserve privacy too. so they blind person does the pin! duh logical explanation

Unknown said...

You two are so well matched! Have fun in Times Square. Maybe you could even take time and go to China Town, and be a real NY tourist!!

Have fun, be sure you take plenty of pictures.