Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Alert: Rednecks in da' big city!


One of my favorite people in the whole wide world came to visit this weekend...Jessica :)

We worked together at the Mall of La and would always find the most ridiculous people to mock....or rather they would always seem to find us? Also, we talk redneck. It's what we do. Joey included. When you put the three of us in a room we could literally amuse ourselves for hours with redneck jibberish.

Anyways, after a night of stalkerish calls from me and Beth begging her to come visit- she did! The weather was kind of yucky, but we still managed to see a good bit. We went to the met, financial district, around our neighborhood, a crazy indian club, and central park!

The Met: We went to the South Asian section of the museum, which was a section I had never been to before. Jessica and Beth especially enjoyed it since they studied abroad together in India.








Even though Joey came out blurry, it's my favorite picture of them. They are just so funny together...she will usually give him this look after he says something ridiculous.


Sunday was Jessica's last day in the city, so we cooked spaghetti and banana pudding for our friends. Joey's friend Katee showed up, along with my friend Freddy, Beth, and Jessica. Look at our apartment how clean :)



We were such great hosts that we even had activities for after dinner....scene it! I suck at that game because I am the worst when it comes to remembering random things from movies.


Preceded by a game of Poker. It was Freddy's first time playing, and he beat everyone in the last hand almost everytime without even knowing it.


As we were going to the grocery, I found this pot on the side of the street for trash pickup! So I scooped it up and brought it home. It's so pretty!

For the 4th of July, we went to Elizabeth's boyfriend's place in Long Island. It was the prettiest house I'd ever been to. They have a tennis court, pool, barn for horses, and birds chirping. It was super peaceful....so it was perfect!








And they even had a Great Dane! She was so sweet!

4 comments:

alli said...

1. cute dog!
2. the south asia part of the Met looks really cool! how big is the museum?
3. your apartment looks pretty i've never seen it from that angle!
4. the house looks really nice..cool for a photoshoot!
5. nice pot it's pretty!
and 6. it looks like you and jessica had fun!

LuLu said...

Love your apt! I'm moving to NYC in Feb & love reading your blog. What neighborhood do you live in? Affordable?

UptownGirl said...

Hi TN girl! I am honored that someone besides my sister reads the blog! :) I had no idea!

We live in the Upper West Side. We were looking in the Village at first, but we found you get more for your money in the Upper west/east side.

I looked at your profile and felt like I was reading about me. I love NY, and I'm sure you will too :) There is so much culture. Everyone is so different, but it all flows so well.

:)

:)

LuLu said...

thanks for replying to my comment. Yeah, us south girls need to stick together. Thanks for keeping a look out on apts for me. I can't wait for the move. BTW...I am seriously contemplating that restraining order! :)