Sunday, August 3, 2008

Columbus Street Fair/Korean culture night


There was a street fair starting on Columbus at 66th and ending at 72nd. Both Joey and I love street fairs in New York. Especially when the weather is nice, like it was today. You just stroll down the street and find everything that you want, but don't need. They have tables with beautiful jewelry, pastel paintings, rugs, dresses, and sunglasses. Joey got three leather belts today for 12 bucks!




How sweet!

Check out the size of this cat!



Joey's friend Katee invited us to a Korean culture night on Friday. 'Korea way' is tucked away right next to Herald's Square (where Macy's is).


The food was abundant, spicy, and tasty! We ordered a few different kinds of meat and a whole bunch of sides....as you can see.


Everyone at the table just picks and chooses what they want. Katee explained very well what each side was, etc. However, I'm not even going to attempt to share that with you guys. It's inevitable I'll mess it up.

After dessert and dinner, she took us to this hidden bar on the corner of 5th Ave. It was appropriately named "Third Floor", since it was, well, on the third floor. The lights on top of the bar would constantly change, which was really pretty. Also, when you looked out the window you could see them Empire State building.


Hooray for getting cultured! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who picked that music?? Not Joey for sure... Maybe Lucy did- while hallucinating on her new addicting drugs..... Or....are you guys taking Lucy's happy pills?

UptownGirl said...

I am pegging this as a Ms. Nancy comment! :)

The pills were just too tempting...what can I say?

And that was my pick. Guilty! Thought it'd wake up the crowd.