Monday night, the people I dogsat for this weekend sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to take 2 free tickets to the US Open off their hands. My response? Um- YEAH!

Our seats were at the tip top of the stadium. However I was not worried about that because: A. The tickets were free, B. I have a super long lense for my camera, and C. The view behind us was awesome (which you'll see in a sec).


We got to see 2 matches. One with Venus Williams playing an Aussie, and the other was Rodger Federer against Maximo Gonzales.
There is our gold medal winning Venus!

If you scroll back up to the first picture it will give you an idea of how powerful my 'paparazzi' lense is. I was still sitting on our seats when I took these shots.


Here is Venus being interviewed after her victory.

Now, right over our shoulders was this view:
The US Open is more rowdy than Wimbledon, which we were happy about. They had a guy who kept screaming "I love you Venus!!" And while she was being interviewed she just laughed and said thanks.
This is off the subject, but as I was getting off the subway today a guy stepped on my heel and broke the strap on my shoe!!! I was so upset. I could barely walk...I looked like a fool. So luckily I found a pair of $5 shoes from some cheap store to get me home....










5 comments:
Wow!! Those sunset pictures are amazing!!! Nice action shots too!
what size lens do you have?? I have a Nikon d50 with a few lenses but my biggest one is 75-300 and I don't think it zoom THAT far!
the sunset pictures are awesome! very nice work!
hi tals! I have the same size lense as you :) To be honest, the zoom surprised me too! never knew you had a slr. They are so nice, right??
:)
I love the pictures. You and Joey look adorable!!
Oh well thank you Mother!
Post a Comment