Thursday, May 21, 2009


Today I made it a point to spend the entire day outside. Here are some neato pictures from the Village, LES, and Soho.






This little street near NYU looked like it would belong in Rome with it's charming quaintness.





Poor puppies waiting for their owners, haha.



One of my favorite things about downtown (mostly LES) is street graffiti! It somehow turns out looking like....art.



I love the wisdom in this one: "Rich girls will break your heart. Poor girls will take your money."





I went to the white building in this picture for a client a while back. He owns a beautiful ballet studio on Broome St. and told me he purchased it on September 6, 2001. He said a week later, they heard a loud noise and looked out the window to see a plane graze their rooftop heading downtown. They saw the whole thing from their window, which gave me chills. (It's still so crazy to believe that horrible thing happened in the city we live in...)



If you look in the window on the right, you will see a reflection of a painted man from across the street.




When I got back home, I dragged Joey out of the apartment for some fresh air.


Joey grabbed some street food from a vendor on 72'nd and we headed to our version of a backyard, Central Park.


We went to a spot where you can pretend for a minute that you are not surrounded by concrete. It's pretty secluded, green, and there are little birds hopping all over. If you just avert your eyes from the occasional tourist looking for Strawberry fields and the taxis zooming down CPW in the distance you are golden. :) We found this spot on the top of a hill and there were two rocks to sit on...but we wound up sharing one. The other one was occupied by a little bird who was apparently busy nesting with leaves and twigs.


We ended the day at Pier 1 cafe, which was awesome. It's right along the Hudson River, so we got to smell saltwater while the sun was setting.


I'm making it a point to spend my summer weekends outside...

5 comments:

LuLu said...

Love all of your pictures!!! Wasn't it beautiful out today? I'm still in shock that I live here! :)

Andie said...

you got some GREAT photos. And you are making me want to come back up there really soon! :)

UptownGirl said...

Thanks guys!!!

You should totally come back....the weather is getting much nicer!

Alli said...

Aww the bird nesting that's so cute. Rach has wanted to know yesterday where LES is and I didn't know. So where is it? Btw pretty pics sista I'll be up there soon! Yay

UptownGirl said...

Alli,

LES stands for Lower East Side. It's a neighborhood below Houston St. on the east side.....mostly known for bars and sketchiness. :)