Sunday, September 16, 2007

Street Fair/Central Park


Melissa writes...

Fall is in the air...which is something unheard of down south! It's fun, because I can actually wear the cute boots and leggings that would just take up closet space in Baton Rouge. ;)
So anyways, Joey and I walked downstairs today and realized there was a street fair all down Columbus. These street fairs have Gyro places on every corner and great deals on just about anything you could need.








(Where's Joey?)








We got a pair of 600 thread count sheets for $20!





We happened to pass by a few of our favorite places to eat today. So we snapped a picture of each place:

First and foremost, Cafe Ronda's! www.caferonda.com


This is a Brazilian restaurant that Joey, Ms Nancy, and I found after a grueling day searching for apartments. Their burgers and margaritas are top notch, and the environment is hopping. Anyone who comes to visit us will be inevitably going here.


So we're walking home Friday night, right? And I look into this restaurant and notice all of this cajun artwork and framed jazz musicians all over the walls. Then I see an Abita Beer sign flashing behind the bar. Can you believe this? The name of the place is Jacques-Imo Real New Orleans Cooking. We went over there today to see if the Saints were playing on their TV (good grief the saints...I'll leave that for Joey), and the guy was telling us they have authentic New Orleans food. We'll put it to the test one day.


Next, Uno Chicago Grill. Yeah, we ate Chicago stlye pizza in New York... But it was so good! Not as good as Gino's in Chicago, but it still stood well.



And here is the infamous Lenny's. We have done our laundry right next door a few times, but still haven't made it over to get breakfast. We heard from our neighbor that it's verrrrrry good.


I always end up writing too much in my posts. Joey's are short and sweet, and I just blab. I apologize.

The rest of the pictures are from Central Park. We hung out in Strawberry fields for the rest of the afternoon. It was a great day.





































The NYU student acting very stoic...



PS-Lucy is becoming quite the thinker...she discovered the outside world today.



Both Joey and I wonder just how many people look at this blog...we think the number is in the single digits. As a test, if you are reading this leave a comment :) Even if it's just your name.

Okay, I've over stayed my welcome. Until next time- buh bye :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it!
I love the kitty...she's precious!
~Tals

Anonymous said...

i read it..i know where you live..look out your window.
perty kitty,sitting there perching.

Anonymous said...

wow weird person above me! but i read it meleesa!strawberry fields you freak! and aw lucy is sooo big :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! I read the post. The kitty is soooo cute. Ya'll look like you are having so much fun. We miss you!
~Jenn