
So I decided to get a retail job until I find a real one. I got a full time position with L'Occitane, which is about 4 blocks from our apartment. Here is the website: http://nymag.com/listings/beauty/loccitane00/ The boutique is really cozy and the discount on their products will be nice. I also applied to Urban Outfitters as well, and may be working there part time, just to make new friends. Everyone that works there hang out and go to bars together, and they all seem really sweet. Oh, and apparently it's obvious I am from the South, and not even because of an accent. I guess my mannerisms and the "yes mam's" are a dead giveaway. I'll be talking to people, and they'll interrupt me and ask "okay, so what part of the south are you from?".
I am going for my first New York haircut tonight. I looked online at different hair salons, and the prices were averaging about $200 just for a haircut!!! Not including my usual highlights...which would range between $200-400. So my appointment (haircut only) is with Nicholas at Aveda for only about 50-75 bucks. Out of curiousity, I called the Aveda at the Mall of Lousiana to compare prices. There cheapest haircut starts at $25 and goes up to $50. Shocking. I don't know about this Nicholas guy. If he tries to cut my hair to my chin or makes me look anything like this:



No comments:
Post a Comment