I'll start off with the trip to Nawlin's for the big wedding. it was a blast! justin and meghan truly had the fairytale wedding. Everything was perfect. I am going to post some pictures and write more about it as soon as katy e-mails me all of the pictures :)I will post some pictures from my fun day in new orleans the day after the wedding. I love the colors and architecture in the french quater- the combination is hard to beat.









We stumbled across the rodrique gallery on royal st...



I'll show you my favorite street entertainers in N'awlins:

Watch Joey give the cute little dog a dollar bill.
Then this guy can balance on a ladder pretty nicely...

Oh, well hello Jenn and Mark! These people are walking disney enyclopedias. If you challenge them to a question they can't answer they will give you a dollar. But if they can indeed answer then you tip. Ha! Something to think about if the teaching/IT thing doesn't work out guys... ;)

Happy late Halloween to everyone :)
Joey and I didn't make plans for halloween night, which I regreted once I saw how fun the holiday is in NY. Everything is decorated to give the city a spooky feel. They had a block party on the street where I work, which was just amazing! Hundreds of people came out, with their kids and dogs both decked out in costume. My favorite was the bulldog dressed up as a ballerina....what a funny combination!




Interesting little tidbit...I was watching "You've Got Mail" recently, and caught a shot of Tom Hanks walking in front of a L'occitane, which turned out to be the one I work at. Remember the small bookstore that Meg Ryan owned? Yeah, it is right next to L'occitane. The bookstore is actually a cheese and antique store now(interesting, I know), but it looks just like the store in the movie. So if you ever watch the movie...keep an eye out.

38,000 people ran the nyc marathon today. The first place winner for the women's sector just gave birth in January! How unbelievable is that? We walked down to Central Park West today after the race to get a glimpse of the after parties going on. I have to tell you, to see all of these people walking around with medals around their necks made us think, "well if they can do it, we can do it". Next year is the plan. 26 miles. Me and Joey. Bring-it-on. ha! We will have to do some pretty intense training of course. We did the Crescent City Classic in the spring (which we did very little training for) and it was such a physical challenge. But it was all worth it to cross that finish line! Tt was emotional after 6 miles, I can't fathom 26 miles. All I can say is we better have a nice congratulatory group waiting for us with either Steve Carrell or a winning lottery ticket...or both!


2 comments:
i knew you'd win that race! congrats :D
i'm mailing the journal to you soon so look out for it!
p.s. looking good,lucy! i miss the kitty
Post a Comment