On my weather widget this morning, it read 3 degrees! That's of course actual temperature, not including wind chill. We surprisingly don't get very cold until we're on the ski lift approaching the top part of the mountain. It's the icy wind that gets you, which is why I invested in a much needed ski mask yesterday.
Current status for Melissa is: taking a break!
The guys are probly doing black/double black mountains mixed with some tree runs. (scary!) I did a few (green) slopes this morning, then came back to the lodge to grab snow boots and my camera. I walked around and got a few nice shots.
I'll post more later. This is just a sneak preview :)
This is where my traumatic event occurred yesterday..... :'(
For obvious reasons, I don't take my camera with me to the top of the mountain. It's kind of unfortunate thought, because the view from up there is breath taking. Huge fir trees are covered in white snow, and you have an amazing view down. I got these shots with my telephoto lens from our ski lodge. You can kind of see the trees?
The mountain is separated into 3 colors. The top is frozen with firs, the bottom is different/dead trees, then the middle is a mix.
A view of a group of skiers in line for the lift.
Whenever I see people out here smoking I'm a little surprised. I mean, aren't your lungs suffering enough with the altitude change and harsh weather?
Tonight we are going to the Wobbly Barn to see an old school rapper, Slick Rick, perform. Should be interesting.











1 comment:
The pictures are beautiful. You got some great shots. All I can say about the picture where your traumatic event occurred is OH MY GOD!!!
Post a Comment