Sunday, April 19, 2009

Huge puffy coat: So long, farewell!


Spring has arrived folks. Last weekend, it was sunny and pretty, but still a bit too cold. This weekend, it was beautiful and warm. So naturally, we've pretty much spent our entire weekend outside.

Friday, we had a nice alfresco lunch in Union Square and walked places instead of taking the subway. That night, our friend Nadya cooked for a group of friends at her place before going to Dustin's birthday party. All of this was done sans that horrible puffy red coat that has been a part of my life for almost 6 months now.

Saturday, we spent the whole afternoon at the Great Lawn in Central Park. The first weekend of spring in New York is the greatest feeling. There is a positive vibe floating around in the air. Thousand of pale bodies in shorts or bikinis soaking in the sun's rays.


I started to take pictures of Blaine and Joey throwing the frisbee....but I got distracted....


by little Ella bean! Her little family is expecting a new baby in 3 weeks, and her "mom" had the apartment to herself (minus kids/husband) this weekend to relax and catch up on sleep. So she was thrilled when I wanted to take Ella out for the day. Look at her face! Uhh, I'm in love.


While laying out, her little Pomeranian friend spotted us and came over to say hello. Her owners are hilarious. It's funny how you get to know the park "regulars" through a little dog.



Weeee! Playtime!



This morning, Ella and I had a nice little walk through the park near Sheeps Meadow.


She spotted a squirrel in the Cherry Blossoms...


causing her awkward ears to go unbalanced.




You can see my (former) office building in this picture on the left.



4 comments:

Cindy said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

Andie said...

beautiful! It's been gorgeous here too! :)

UptownGirl said...

Thanks Mama!

That's what I hear Andie. Gotta love spring!

Tals said...

I LOVE LOVE the picture of the buildings with the flowers peaking in on the right. It's Beautiful!


Just stopped in to check out what has been going on in New York and thought I would say Hello!