
Joey and I started the day off at the old St. Patrick's Cathedral in Soho for mass. We then left super hungry and headed over to Cafe Habana (Elizabeth & Prince St.), this awesome little cuban restaurant for lunch. They're specialty is corn on the cob topped with parmesan cheese/chili powder toppings. Words cannot describe how great it is.

Sheep's Meadow was officially opened today! Walking through the park, you could see the colors of the park coming to life. Trees budding, tulips everywhere, bright yellow flower bushes. We went to the park with a 3 buck kite and Nerf Vortex football in tow to have the best time ever.
As you can see the Cherry Blossom trees are blooming. My favorite!

These pictures were taken with the iphone's 3 megapixel camera, so excuse the quality, but here is Joey gaining control of the kite.
The kite was way more fun than anticipated. I had forgotten just how exciting it is to try and keep it in the air, running around without a care in the world. We were literally waving our geek flag since our kite was Star Wars and loved every minute of it. Ahh, to be a kid again. :)

By the way, Joey has started dating someone else. I take full responsibility, since I set him up on the blind date. I sent out the following e-mail out to the person of his dreams:
"On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Melissa Serio
I am trying to setup a blind date for you.
I hope height doesn't offend you, along with wavy, brownish hair, blue eyes, and (keyword) masculine features. So stunning the earth will stand still when you all make eye contact....
How does "I love you man" on Saturday night sound?"

As you can see his date was Ian, and they had a fantastic "bromance" evening. Before the "date", Joey put on nice clothes, styled his hair, and even put cologne on- adding to the ridiculousness of the night. He really thought Ian would go the same route, or maybe even take it to the next level by wearing a tux. But oh no, In showed up in raggedy jeans and a hoodie. When Joey saw him he screamed, "You're wearing that?!" Hahaha...awesome.


1 comment:
oh how fun! flying a kite! I haven't done that in years!
I'm glad you guys had a good easter!
Post a Comment