Friday, April 24, 2009

Obama's first 100 days.


I was watching CNN yesterday, and a photographer from TIME was being interviewed about her behind the scenes journey with Obama. What an incredible opportunity, right? I plan on picking up the magazine this weekend, but I'll share a few pretty cool shots from time.com.


The photographer, Callie Shell, said Obama simply cannot sit still. He'll toss a football with secret service instead of tapping a pen on the desk. He has to stay on the move. The next picture of Michelle and him is genuinely adorable.


Here he is looking out at the South Lawn.



The men's shoes sit on a mat inside the sacred shrine of the Blue Mosque. The pair on the far right belongs to Obama. The pair in the middle belongs to Prime Minister Erdogan. The two at the far left belong to security personnel. As the photographer put it, the photo shows that he is never alone.


When would you ever see a photo of Bush being greeted like this by US troops?


Hoorah Obama!

10 comments:

buffamania said...

Melissa,
you asked the question and I can answer it for you. If you want to see a picture of Bush being greeted by happy military people, you might not want to look in Time, or Newsweek magazines, or the Washington Post, New York Times, or the New York Post newspapers. These far left liberal companies spent more time attacking Bush and our troops than anything else. Instead you can google that information and it will give you a list of web sites you can go too to view those pictures. FYI, Bush was very popular with the troops. Just do a little research and you will answer your own question. Or were you asking a rethorical, sarcastic, question just to attack Bush, and give your liberal friends a laugh. By the way, this 100 day mark is a made up benchmark. It was started back in 1932 for FDR. It really does not mean anything. Even Obama said so himself, before he reversed his opinion. Last thing, I have a question for you and your friends. According to historians, only two Presidents in American History have ever had a bad first 100 days. Which 2 Presidents, and why? Hint one is not George W,. Bush. Let's see how good your History teachers have been.

UptownGirl said...

Buffa!

I don't think Bush would be greeted the same way present day as Obama. Maybe in 2001, right after 9-11, sure. But in the 2007-2009 period, not so much. These people laying their lives on the line for no cause, created by Bush.

Bush had a 58 percent approval rating after 100 days in office - and that plummeted over time to record lows. But the point of the post was not to say how Obama is whipping Bush's butt in his first 100 days. It was because of the interview with the TIME photographer I saw on CNN. Her work was amazing!

I will say though, Clinton left the economy in much better shape for Bush. Therefore his first 100 days were a bit different?

Ms :)

I do not know the answer to your trivia question by the way.

buffamania said...

Melissa,

How uninformed you are. I gave you all the information you needed to find those pictures and the answer to your question, but you still refuse to seek the truth. President Bush was very popular with the troops, and he stayed that way till the end of his 2nd term.. He was well recieved at every base and hospital he visited. Don't let the bias liberal media with their slanted reporting tell you any different.
Approval ratings are meaningless and most of the time just plane wrong. Those rating are usually calculated by bias people and companies, who survey only 2000 people, and who they cannot tell what political party they are from. Hell, congress has only a 9% approval rating right now, and even Lincoln had a 20% approval rating.
Bush inherated a similar recession when he took office and it got worse when 9-11 hit. Obama and Bush have had the same type of problem. although, Obama economic problem i believe were worse. But that wa Congress fault not bush's. Look up the facts.
I am shocked that you do not know the answer to my trivia question. Most History teachers in this country are liberal idioits and suck ass. Do you want me to tell you the answer and give you the easy way out, or would you like to actually take a guess. I will give you one more hint. One president is ranked in the top 10 greatest presidents, and the other was ranked in the top 10 worst presidents. Come on guess...Put that liberal education to work for you. Ask friends if you must.

UptownGirl said...

Buffa, Buffa, Buffa.

In all fairness, one word for Bush's first 100 days: Surplus.

I'm not going to get into to this over a silly blog about a TIME magazine article. It's not worth either of our time to do so. I went through this before the election with Republicans and I learned you just go in a circle. I honestly consider myself middle of the road, but it's times like this that push me deeper into the Democratic side. Both sides have hints of truth, and neither side is perfect. What I will never understand is why people defend Bush....goooolly Moses!

Roosevelt and Nixon are my guesses? More importantly how are the babies??

Toodles!

Ms :)

buffamania said...

melissa,

That surplus everyone talks about was a fictional thing. It only existed on paper.Remember i taught Economics and History I did the research on this topic.
I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I am an Independent voter without party affiliation. I Do not need someone to tell me how to think, or what i should believe about a topic. For god's sakes i voted for clinton over Dole, Landrew over Terrell and George Bush twice. I vote for people on their ideas not what party they belong too.
Sorry you are WRONG! Nixon and Roosevelt are not even close. Their not even in the same century. Your going to kick yourself for not knowing this. First, Obama's man and mentor....Abe. Lincoln. In his first hundren days, 13 states seceeded, all federal buildings in the south were captured by the rebels, and Ft. Sumpter was fired on by the Confederate army. Also he had to suspend many rights of the public, jailed many innocent people and lawmakers, and robert E. Lee refused to lead the Army of the Potomic. 2nd Was William H. Harrison. During his first hundred days, he gave a long speech in cold and wet weather, slipped into a coma on day three, and died on day 28. See you are kicking yourself right...lol
The kids are fine they are getting big. will send some picts to you soon.

Buffa

UptownGirl said...

Hooray for history trivia. Not really kicking myself cause it was a guess silly.

Ms

TheJoey said...

Hey Buffamania, I've got some trivia for you - what does E-I index represent in social network analysis? What other node level attributes might represent similar concepts?

buffamania said...

melissa,

See History can be fun and exciting. See what you missed by not being in my class. Well that and my very bad jokes. Did they not teach you history at Lutheran? Just kidding. You know no matter how old you get i will still rag on you...lol

Buffa

UptownGirl said...

Yeah yeah. New nickname, jerkfacemania. Hehe.
:)

buffamania said...

Melissa,

That really hurts.....jerk face.......well i never..........ass face maybe...but jerk face..........sniff sniff sniff