We went to the John Lennon Exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, shopped, relaxed in the park, went to my favorite cafe'- Edgar's, taught her to play the wii, went to the Met...fun and exhausting!
Here are our license plates at Soho cafe'....who has great burgers! I think it was Alli's goal to sabotage my Abs Diet while she was here. I find it very suspicious that all I ate was hotdogs, burgers, and pizza while she was here...
We went to Topshop and acted silly by trying on ridiculous outfits in the dressing room. They have some pretty outrageous stuff there.
Alli and Rachel checking out street vendors...which is my favorite!
The Met is both me and Alli's favorite place in the city, so we had a nice and relaxing Friday night there.
Here is the Temple of Dendur in the Egyptian Exhibit.
Does this statue look familiar to you??
We discovered this awesome home inside the Met that is supposed to replicate Old America. You could walk inside and go up all three floors...it reminded me of an old Southern plantation.
(Here's my favorite part of the night....)
Joey and I always manage to stop in front of Stephen Hannock's paintings at the Met.
When you look closely you'll find hidden messages and tidbits of magazine scraps, etc. and you'll always find something new no matter how many times you've seen them. Well, this time I saw something huge.....I was looking at it for a minute and thought, that sure does look like those waterfalls in the Catskills...
Remember this picture?
Sure enough, Stephen Hannock painted these waterfalls from the Kaaterskill falls. Quite funny.
Here is his other painting that's filled with little messages.
I still can't believe that Michael Jackson is now in our past. :( On Friday, every delivery truck was blaring "Thriller" and Topshop was blaring his beats....rest in peace.




















2 comments:
so cute! It looks like you guys had a really great time. :)
we did!!
Post a Comment