Friday, June 5, 2009

Checked out.

Could I have one order of "no cars honking, crowded concrete streets, or homeless/schizophrenic people, with some peace and quiet on the side" please?


Today, we leave for the Catskill Mountains for tubing, water parks, and hiking. It's safe to say that we've both been looking forward to this weekend for a while now. While Joey will still have to study, it will be a nice chance for us to relax and clear our heads.

Before moving here, I never really craved the woods or had any desire to go on a hike. I feel like Manhattanites (that's a silly word) crave these very basic, primal needs since they are deprived of them on a daily basis. To be fair, we do have Central Park. And while it is beautiful in all it's magnificence, there are still people within a 50 foot radius of you at all times. Plus you can never really get away from the incessant car honks.

Now I am going to download some cool nature applications for my iphone. One will help you identify poison ivy, ticks, etc. The other one is a compass... exciting stuff I know.

Adios Amigos. :)

1 comment:

Alli said...

Yay! Fun stuff sista :)