Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Bronx kids!

I can't adequately express how much I love these kids! So this post is a shout out to them. :)


'New York Cares' hosts monthly arts and crafts nights and it's safe to say that I've become a regular. The kids are all so bright, sweet, and addictive. Sure, some have behavior problems, but at least there's an effort from us to try and correct it. The group leader is a Pediatrician and hosts/plans all of the events. I would think she'd be sick of kids by the end of the day, right?

I realize this post will be boring for many, but I can't resist. Sorry!

Below is my number one man, Angel. He latched unto me a few months ago and the rest was history. He is like an old man in a teeny person's body. Sharp and witty, and sooo affectionate.


Today they made Turkey puppets, and Angel's is right behind Taty's head, so it looks like she has a mohawk!


Angel and Andrea.



Here is Eric, the 10 year old who hit on me and claimed he was 15...silly.



This is Angel's sister, Nicole. Same exact disposition, just teenier! She had weird blue stuff all over her face from eating Gusher's. It was quite lovely.





Melanie. Very mature, sophisticated, and cool 14 year old. Just from talking to her you know she is going somewhere. (She plans on going to school for photography actually.)


Haha, look at Angel's face! It looks like a face Joey would make. He wouldn't smile for the pictures unfortunately. :(


But this little guy had no problem posing.


Yay Bronx kids!!! They make me so happy.

2 comments:

LuLu said...

How adorable are they? That is awesome!!

UptownGirl said...

Thanks! :)