Saturday, November 15, 2008

Portfolio Critique.

To catch a few of you up to speed, I went over to the "National Portfolio Review Day" at Pratt Institute. After waiting in line for a total of almost two and a half hours, I got a free portfolio review from an FIT representative. I had a total of about 20-25 pictures in there, and left feeling confident about maybe 5 of them! There were about 4 that he told to just delete. The other 10 were okay, but clearly not what they are looking for. The overall advice was to pick a centralized theme, work around it, and keep it simple.

He really liked these:




Especially this one, the colors and simplicity. I think it's going to be my inspiration for future pictures.



And did not like these.





So overall, I know what to expect when it comes time for my real portfolio review. I'm glad I went!

No comments: