Monday, June 22, 2009

Comtrex, Gatorade, and Thermometers- Oh My!


Joey's sick. I think the stress from comps/low immune system caused him to catch something Friday night. (I told him not to lick that toilet seat...) We need a cowbell for him to keep by his side, so feel free to ship one our way. I am his built in alarm telling him when to take more Comtrex/Nyquil, supplier of cold rags, liquids, food, and thermometers. I'm not complaining though, I like to spoil people every now and then :) He dramatically tried to convince me it was the Swine Flu and he was on his death bed.... but once researching the actual symptoms it gave the poor soul some hope to fight through it. He does seem to be getting better today, which is great. :)

I love the vintage stores up here. Innocently enough, I go into them to "window shop" but it's impossible to leave empty handed. Today I went into this place: http://www.myspace.com/vintagethrift (on 23'rd and 3rd Ave) and walked out with these books for only 3 bucks! Teagen ironically chewed my 'Marley and Me' book to shreds and I've been meaning to replace it. Normally for a hard copy in Barnes and Nobles it would be $22, but instead I got it for a buck.


I started reading 'Running With Scissors' on the train today, but will try to pace myself so I have a good read for the beach. The last one is Anne Rice. Surprisingly this New Orleans girl has never read any of her stuff....so we shall see.

I was wasting time before Jeff's going away party in DSW and spotted these cute black sandals from across the store. I was thinking they'd be between $30-$40....


Ridiculous right? What are they, made out of dinosaur skin?

I've been watching a lot of History Channel recently and caught an episode of Expedition Africa. Awesome show!


They make a 970-mile trek from Zanzibar to the remote village of Ujiji in 3o days with no compass, cell phones, or modern maps. They are trying to retrace the steps of Henry Morton Stanley, a famous explorer, who did the trail back in 1870. They have to live very primitively and worry about snakes, heat, the rain season, and malaria.


4 comments:

Andie said...

I hope he gets well soon!

oh- and re: books, but cheap? go to www.paperbackswap.com

you can list books you are willing to trade out for new ones. It's free- you just pay for postage.

Check it out! and if you join- give them my userid and let them know that I referred you! (then I get a book credit)

andie325

Alli said...

Poor joey! He better not get me sick..
I can't wait to go to that vintage shop!
I wouldn't survive that trek across africa

UptownGirl said...

Hey Andie!

That's sooo sweet, but I like to collect my books and be selfish :) Very cool website though...I will pass it along to people!

Melissa :)

Unknown said...

Thank for great blog about Comtrex