
Yesterday, Joey came in for the day! We went down to the French Quarter for a fun day, yippee! We walked down Royal St. and wandered into random galleries and stores, ate at Mesparo's and Cafe' du Monde, and went to the Christmas concert at the St. Louis Cathedral.

This store had so many cool little figurines. They also had antique swords, guns, and flags that were either Nazi or Confederate themed...



This Vintage Collectibles store had signed guitars from Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Elvis, etc. ranging from $2,000 up to$90,000! Quite crazy...


Here's Famous Door, one of the oldest Bourbon St. bars...





Nice sign, hehe.


This one puzzled us. Female impersonators? What exaclty does that entail? I don't think I want to know...but then again, seeing is believing.

Stoic and sassy Joey.



Underneath the Cajun Swamp sign, Joey "put me in my place". I need to remember to speak when spoken to. :)





We were looking for a creepy voodoo shop and found it here! They had voodoo music thumping in the backround with an "altar" of candles. We purchased our first voodoo doll to take with us back to NY. We plan on leaving it out, so when our friends see it they'll be freaked out/uncomfortable. (Our doll stand for happiness, but they don't have to know that...)













This is my favorite picture from the day. A different view of the typical street performers by Jackson Square.

Oh, and I heard in the grapevine that Joey is not bold....


1 comment:
Love the pics! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment