

While wandering around, we revisited an antique store that we went to in August 2005. I remember that hot/humid day very clearly. We each bought these pretty turquoise stones, thinking they would bring good things to us! Fortune, happiness, and luck. I think me and my mom kept ours in our change holder in the car, and Alli may have kept hers in her coin purse. Well, needless to say, two weeks later Katrina came through and left our community much less fortunate, unhappy, and far from lucky. We chunked them the next day. :) Oh, and don't worry, we did not buy anything from that place today. I spotted a cool voodoo doll that I wanted, but figured that but lead to a nuclear bomb or something way more extreme, hehe!



While I was taking pictures, this kid came up to me and said, "take a picture of me yo." Okay. Haha.

So Joey, I challenge you. I can no longer speak for the both of us buddy. I'm in Nola, you are in Baton Rouge.
Go ahead, post. Be bold. Tell us what's going on in your hood.


No comments:
Post a Comment